Last Updated: June 28, 2023
This Policy also applies to any of our other websites that post this Policy. This Policy does not apply to websites that post different statements. Individuals who have questions about DHIN’s use and treatment of health information in our possession should refer to https://dhin.org/consumer/. Individuals who subscribe to DHIN’s Community Health Record or Health Check Connect should refer to the policies, terms and conditions applicable to those services (available on those respective websites) for information on the use of data provided in those applications.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The Company collects several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Information You Give Us. When you use the Service, you may be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information to the Company that can be used to contact or identify you. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation), workplace information, as well as other information you directly give us on our Site.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site. For information on our access to and use of health information about you due to our operations as a health information exchange, please visit https://dhin.org/consumer/.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we may log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
Cookies. We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. We also use Security Cookies for security purposes. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The Company uses your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve the Service and DHIN’s related health information exchange offerings.
- We use your personal information to monitor the usage of the Service and address, detect and prevent technical issues.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The Company may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent.
- We may share personal information in the course of an acquisition or merger, for purposes of facilitating that acquisition or merger.
- We may share personal information to prevent wrongdoing or investigate potential wrongdoing in connection with the Service.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share personal information to comply with laws.
- We may share personal information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share personal information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share personal information with those who need it to do work for us, provided that those entities or individuals agree to only access and use that data for performing the requested work, consistent with this Policy.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We implement a variety of security procedures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Please remember, however, that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. We strive to use industry standard and commercially reasonable methods to protect and secure your information. Additional information on the safety and security of health information in DHIN’s possession is available at https://dhin.org/consumer/.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Any marketing emails DHIN sends will tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you nonmarketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you, or other communications required to provide the Service or any health information exchange services to which you may subscribe.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
Delaware Health Information Network
107 Wolf Creek Blvd., Suite 2
Dover, DE 19901
Toll Free Service Desk number: (833) 625-6700