DHIN’s mission is to service providers and consumers of care through innovative solutions that make health data useful.
The relied upon, highly trusted information hub of the health ecosystem, in which all participants both contribute and receive value…fueling a robust Learning Health System.
- Embrace the Challenge
- Be Accountable
- Work Together
The DHIN’s five primary goals serve as the basis for interoperability among all health care providers in the State of Delaware:
- To improve the care received by patients served by Delaware’s health care system and to reduce medical errors associated with the often inaccurate and incomplete information available to providers of medical care.
- To reduce the time required and financial burdens of exchanging health information among health care providers and payers (necessary for patient care), by addressing the currently siloed and unintegrated model of distribution methods and dramatically increasing use of electronic means.
- To improve communication among healthcare providers and their patients to provide the right care at the right time based on the best available information.
- To reduce the number of duplicative tests to afford specialists a more comprehensive view of the patient upon referral from his/her primary physician and to expedite the reporting of consultant opinions and tests/treatments between specialists and the referring physicians.
- To improve the efficiency and value of electronic health records (EHR) in the physician office and to assist those physicians without an EHR to better organize and retrieve test results.