Delaware Health Care Claims Database
The Delaware Health Care Claims Database (HCCD), powered by DHIN, collects healthcare claims, enrollment and provider data from Medicare, Medicaid and the seven largest commercial health insurers in the State of Delaware, making it the single largest repository of claims data Delaware has ever had.
An overview of the HCCD
How the HCCD is Making Health Data More Useful
The HCCD can help lawmakers and decision-makers:
- Identify areas for improvement, growth, and success across the healthcare system
- Understand and quantify health system performance and healthcare transformation
- Provide meaningful comparisons and actionable data and reports to help inform policy and consumer decisions
HCCD Data Submission Forms
- HCCD Override and Exception Form – Applications for Data Element Threshold and Product Line and Line of Business Waivers
- Delaware Health Care Claims Database Data Submission v2.0
This document provides detailed information to reporting entities about how to prepare and submit claims data to the HCCD
How to Request Access to the HCCD
- HCCD Fee Schedule FY19-FY20
- Data Access Application – Please use this application to submit information regarding your request for HCCD data or data access
- HCCD Data Use Agreement – This agreement addresses the terms and conditions under which DHIN will release and the requesting organization may obtain, use, and disclose HCCD data specified in this Agreement
- HCCD Committee Business Rules – Business rules for reviewing data requests
- Delaware Health Care Claims Database Access Regulation
4.6 After a decision is reached by the Committee, public notice will be posted on the DHIN website that an application for data access was received, by whom it was submitted and for what purposes, and the decision of the Committee to grant or deny the application. The final determination of the Committee shall not be subject to appeal.
Current HCCD Projects
HCCD Committee Meeting Minutes
Data Submitter Webinar Meetings & Minutes
HCCD Data Definitions and FAQs
- Definitions – Commonly used HCCD terms
- FAQs – Commonly asked questions related to HCCD data submission
The History of the HCCD
The Delaware General Assembly passed legislation in FY16 authorizing the Delaware Health Information Network to develop a healthcare claims database.
The purpose of the HCCD is to facilitate data-driven, evidence-based improvements in access, quality, and cost of healthcare and to promote and improve the public health through increased transparency of accurate claims data and information.
For more information about the HCCD, please contact TerriLynn Palmer at TerriLynn.Palmer@dhin.org